Under the wise and far-sighted leadership of the respected President, constantly Neutral Turkmenistan, advancing the policy of world peace, friendship, humanism, harmony and guided by instructions in the spirit of sacred patriotism of courageous fathers, chose the democratic path aimed at protecting the rights and freedom of citizens.
Within the framework of democratic transformations in order to further consolidate the democratic principles of social and political life, according to the article 17 of the Constitution of Turkmenistan, it was established that in Turkmenistan was recognized political diversity and multiparty system. As a result of these democratic principles, the Turkmen society has qualitatively transformed and grown up. And the harmony formed in it led to the emergence of political diversity and multiparty system, a respectful attitude to the opinions of various sectors of society.
Clear evidence of this is the democratic elections that took place on March 31, 2019 in some constituencies of the country on a multi-party basis instead of the early retired deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, members of the velayat, etrap, city Halk maslahaty and Gengeshes. For example:
If you pay attention to the qualitative composition of the elected deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, elected members of the velayat, etrap, city, Halk maslahaty, Ashgabat city, as well as members of the Gengeshes, totally 125 people:
- of these 88% are men, and 12% are women;
- by age: 24.80% under the age of thirty years, 23.20% between the ages of thirty to forty years, 24.00% from forty to fifty years, and 28.00% citizens over the age of fifty;
- by education: 46.40% with higher education, 36.80% with secondary special, 16.80% with secondary education;
- by industry employment: 2.40% workers of industry, construction, 0.80% of transport and communications, 20.00% of agriculture and water management, 21.60% of science and education, 1.60% of culture and art, 3.20 % of health care, 2.40% of social security, 2.40% of the economy and finance, 45.60% workers in other sectors of the country;
- by nationality: 95.20% Turkmens, 4.80% Uzbek nationality.
However, if you pay attention to the qualitative composition of the 357 national observers registered at the last elections:
- 61.62% were men and 38.38% were women;
- by age: 27.73% at the age of thirty years, 25.49% at the age of thirty to forty years, 24.65% at the age of forty to fifty years, and 22.13% are citizens over the age of fifty years;
- by education: 49.02% with higher education, 40.06% with secondary special, 10.92% with secondary education;
- by industry employment: 2.80% workers of industry and construction, 0.28% of transport and communications, 8.41% of agriculture and water management, 27.17% of science and education, 5.60% of culture and art, 6.16 % of health care, 0.56% of social security, 2.24% of the economy and finance, 46.78% workers in other sectors of the country;
- by nationality: 94.96% Turkmens, 5.04% Uzbek nationality.
In general, the nomination and appointment of candidates, members of election commissions and national observers from political parties, public organizations, groups of citizens of relevant constituencies, as well as the candidates themselves testifies about the triumph of political diversity and a multiparty system in our social and political life.
Elections that take place in our country in an atmosphere of unity, freedom and organization, shows that the main purpose of election commissions, political parties, public associations, groups of citizens, candidates, national observers, in general, all participants in the electoral process is the benefit of the people and the state. And this is our national democracy, based on the ancestral instructions.
As we already know, on April 5, 2019, dear President, at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers, held in the form of digital video communication, having heard the final report of the chairman of the Central Commission for holding elections and referendums in Turkmenistan on the results of the elections held on last Sunday of March, he thanked all voters who came to the polling stations to cast their votes for worthy candidates.
A large number of voters who voted, its results are important, both for us and for society. For the free expression of our thoughts, decision-making on state issues - is our right, as citizens of our country, enshrined in the Constitution.
In Turkmenistan it was established a mature democratic society; was being strengthened civilian institutions, and this has enabled to three political parties operating in our country, by nominating their representatives, to contribute to the holding of democratic elections. And this shows a high degree of democracy in our society - said President, congratulating the newly elected to acquire the right to be representatives of the people, and this is a democracy in practice! - He noted.
Also, dear President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov instructed to G. Muradov, Chairman of the Central Commission for holding elections and referendums in Turkmenistan, to express on behalf of the Cabinet of Ministers thanks to all the people who actively participated in the preparation of the elections.
This is an unforgettable moment of pride, high appreciation of the elections held on the last Sunday of March, in the year of “Turkmenistan - Home of prosperity!”.
Of course, all that has been said clearly shows that in our country elections are held on the basis of democratic principles. Turkmenistan is loyal to generally accepted international requirements and democratic principles.
We express our gratitude to President Arkadag who pays great attention to the perfection of the electoral system, leading the courageous people of Turkmenistan, living in friendship and tranquility, along the path of democracy towards a happy future.
We wish to dear President health, long life, continued success in big matters for the good of the people and the country.
Secretary of the Central Commission for holding elections and referendums in Turkmenistan.