DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF TURKMENISTAN
The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, being the same age as the Independence of Turkmenistan, was established at the I Founding Congress, which was held on December 16, 1991. Eight party congresses have passed since that congress. The VII Congress of the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, held in August 2013, gave impetus to a new stage in the life of the party. At that congress, which became an important event in the socio-political life of our country, dear President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, according to the Law of Turkmenistan about Political Parties adopted in 2012, resigned as chairman and temporarily suspended his membership in the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan.
At that congress was adopted the Program and the Charter of the party in a new edition and a political decree. This resolution defined the tasks facing the party in explaining, promoting large-scale transformations deployed in the era of Power and happiness under the program slogan of our Honorable President “The state is for the person!".
The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, as a political organization with a goal to strengthen Independence, the Permanent Neutrality of Turkmenistan, forms a democratic, legal, secular, fair state and organizes its activities in accordance with the requirements of the era of Power and happiness. The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, being independent and free political party, all activities are directed towards the implementation of policies, programs and great conductions by our esteemed President, under the slogan “The state is for the person!”, strengthening of sovereignty, permanent Neutrality of our Independent State, the formation of Turkmen society. The party, being a benevolent binder between the state and the people, Society and the individual, speaks in defense of the interests of our Motherland in honor of the friendship of our people and the prosperity of our country with the strengthening of their unity and friendship. The party, responding to emerging issues, tries to find their solutions. The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan was developed and strengthened as the relying strength of the people, the President, the state.
Expressing and defending the interests of the entire population of Turkmenistan, the Democratic Party stands for revival, peace, friendship of the people, welfare of the country, cohesion of the society. The party seeks to strengthen humanity and justice, prosperity of the country, understanding of people, increase in labor and social activity. To this end, the Democratic Party is working closely with government bodies and other public organizations.
Over the past 27 years since the creation of the party, it has been politically improved; the number of members and primary organizations was significantly increased. To date, the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan unites 5 provinces, 12 city, 45 etrap and 5904 primary organizations, the number of members is 215178 people. Of these, 56% are employees, 10% are dayhans, 18% are workers, 6% are students, 31% are young people under 30, and 47% are women.
Currently, the main task facing the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan is to promote a fair and far-sighted domestic and foreign policy of the President of Turkmenistan, clarify the essence of the National Programs, and assist in their implementation. It is joyful that these events are successfully solved by the party in close connection and cooperation with all public organizations. The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, dominating for many years, makes a worthy contribution to maintaining and enhancing the national revival and rich cultural heritage of the Turkmen people.
The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, along with the fulfillment of its Program and Statutory tasks, makes every effort to educate our younger generation in good sense, to introduce the best qualities of them, like personal courage, patriotism, diligence, and honesty typical of the Turkmen people. The party is trying to replenish its ranks with morally stable, all-embracing people, true patriots of Independent, permanently Neutral Turkmenistan.
The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan widely explains among the population, propagandizes the political, economic and social policy, the foreign policy strategy of the President of Turkmenistan Dear Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. The party is closely involved in campaigning through its members. The Democratic Party of Turkmenistan actively implements the policies of the President of Turkmenistan. For this purpose, the party effectively uses the mass media in our country, including the newspaper "Galkynysh" and the magazine "Возрождение", the founder of which is the Political Council of the DPT.
In the era of Power and happiness, velayat, city, etrap organizations of the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, together with other public organizations, leads large-scale work in promoting reforms, which carried out in all areas of the life of our state and society.
THE PARTY OF INDUSTRIALISTS AND ENTREPRENEURS OF TURKMENISTAN
The Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan (PIET) was created on August 21, 2012 according to the principles of democracy and open voting.
The full name of the party is “Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan”.
The abbreviated name is “PIET”.
Chairman of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan - Ovganov Saparmurat Esenovich (elected at the II Party Congress on December 16, 2017), deputy of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan of the V, VI convocations.
The number of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan as of November 1, 2018 is more than 12 thousand members, at the same date are operating more than 500 primary party organizations.
Were created such committees as:
• The Party Committee of the city of Ashgabat - December 19, 2012;
• The Party Committee of Lebap velayat - January 22, 2013;
• The Party Committee of the Mary velayat - February 4, 2013;
• The Party Committee of the Ahal velayat - May 8, 2013;
• The Party Committee of the Dashoguz velayat - October 12, 2013;
• The Party Committee of the city of Mary - May 6, 2014;
• The Party Committee of the Mary etrap - November 21, 2014;
• The Party Committee of the Balkan velayat - January 28, 2015.
The main goal of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan, proclaimed by the Head of the state in the era of power and happiness, are:
- Promoting the development of the economy and market relations;
- Formation of a modern industrial and business infrastructure, the development of the private sector of the economy;
- Encouraging investment;
- Creation of new workplaces;
- Encouragement of citizens in their creative beginnings, as well as strengthening the independence of Turkmenistan;
- Increasing the level of vital activity of citizens;
- Ensuring the inviolability of private property;
- Wide development of industry and entrepreneurship;
- Protection of rights and legitimate interests of industrialists.
According to the Electoral Code of Turkmenistan, the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan may nominate candidates for the Presidency of Turkmenistan, for deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, for members of the halk maslahaty and the Gengesh. They may also appoint national observers.
11 members of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan are deputies of the VI convocation of the Mejlis.
The Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan operates according to the principles of voluntariness throughout the territory of Turkmenistan, equality of members, self-government, legislation and openness.
Objectives of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan:
- The main goal of the work of the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan is retaining a high rate of economic and social development in society, as well as protecting the political, civil, economic, social, cultural rights and legal interests of citizens of Turkmenistan and private sector workers;
- According to the legislation of Turkmenistan, to participate in elections and referendums, to nominate candidates for the Presidency of Turkmenistan, for deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, for members of the halk maslahaty and Gengesh, and to organize campaigns on the eve of elections;
- To form public opinion about the contribution of private property and entrepreneurship to economic and domestic development;
- Bring to the attention of the public and state powers and local self-government opinions of citizens about the issues of public life;
- In the order, prescribed by the legislation of Turkmenistan, with the help of selected representatives, participates in the affairs of state bodies and local self-government;
- To help improve the livelihoods and the material state of the population of our state, the development of relations between the private sector and the industrial sector, the promotion of trade and investment;
- By creating favorable conditions for doing business and in-depth market relations, give political support to private entrepreneurs; and entrepreneurs, as well as industry and entrepreneurship.
AGRARIAN PARTY OF TURKMENISTAN
Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan (APT) was created on September 28, 2014 and is the youngest party of Turkmenistan.
The full name of the APT is “Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan”.
The abbreviated name of the APT is “Agrarian Party” or “APT”.
Date of registration - October 9, 2014
Chairman of the APT - Annagurbanov Byashim Durdyevich (elected at the extraordinary III party congress on January 13, 2018). Deputy of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan of the III, IV and VI convocations from the electoral district "Zarpchy" of the Mary velayat.
The number of APT's as of November 1, 2018 is 52,427 members, as of the same date are functioning 1,534 primary party organizations.
The regional network of APT consists of 45 local offices.
At the first meeting of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan, held on September 25, 2018, were participated 230 members of the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan. 12 members of the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan were granted the honor of being elected to the Legislature of the country at the elections of deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan of the sixth convocation on March 25, 2018. Many members of the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan were also elected to the local representative authorities of the halk maslahaty provinces, cities and etraps, as well as to Gengeshes.
A member of the APT can be a citizen of Turkmenistan who has reached the age of eighteen, devoted to our Homeland, active in public life, who recognizing and observing the Charter, and the APT Program. A member of the APT cannot be a member of another political party at the same time.
The APT was created on the basis of the administrative-territorial principle.
The basis of the APT is its primary organization. The primary organization of the APT is created by the place of residence, and by the request of at least 3 of its members. The creation of a primary party organization is documented by the minutes of its general meeting; an extract of this decision is submitted to the superior governing body of the APT.
The primary party organization is included to the structure of the local party organization, which operating its activity in the relevant territory (village, city, etrap, velayat). All local organizations of the APT operate their activities on the basis of the Charter of the APT.
The supreme body of the primary party organization is the party meeting. The meeting is convened by the chairman of the primary party organization and is held at least 1 (one) time per quarter. The meeting determines the main activities of the party organization.
Local party organizations (etrap, city, velayat);
Primary party organizations are unites with etrap, city, velayat party organizations, in accordance with the local administrative and territorial division of Turkmenistan. They are independent in issues that are not within the competence of the higher party organizations.
The supreme body of the etrap, city, velayat party organizations is their conference. The conference is convened as needed, but at least once every 2 years. The conference may be convened by the request of at least 1/3 of the relevant party members or primary party organizations.
Velayat Party Committee:
- guides and improves the work of etrap and city party organizations, their committees, ensures the coordination of their activities in solving social, economic, political, organizational, educational and cultural issues;
- studies the experience of party committees, primary party organizations, assists them in improving their work.
In the structure of the APT, the highest governing body is:
a) For primary organizations of the APT - a general meeting;
b) For local party organizations of the APT - a conference;
c) For the APT - Congress.
The supreme governing body of the APT is the congress; it is convened once every five years.
The governing body is the Central Council of the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan.
The Central Council of the APT is a body that operates his activities during the period between congresses of the party.
The Head - Chairman of the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan;
Address of the Central Council of the APT: c. Ashgabat, Garashsyzlyk shayoly, d.104.
Tel: 44-88-10, Fax: 44-89-62.